Google

Sunday, November 18, 2007

Know - it - all's at Barpoker

Have you ever played poker at a bar, you know (barpoker) well I went last week just to see what all the hoopla is about. I was having a perfectly good time till one lady piped up and had to correct my play! I had pocket 8's, she was out of the hand so I showed her, (guess I'll never do that again) she said I had played it all wrong.

In her words "In the poker books it says when your in early position with a medium pocket pair never raise, just call to see if you hit trips" I really wanted to slap her, why do people think they should tell you how to play cards! I would never consider to tell someone what to do in position or out of position, especially if I don't even know them! Why would someone want to make me better at cards, so I can beat them?, if they are so good, why aren't they professional poker-players?

Well maybe I should contemplate on buying some of these "poker books", maybe I am the Idiot! I don't know, I was seeing if my 8's were good. Can someone recommend a good poker book. I might just buy it.

No comments: