Google

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Poker Idiots

Since I have been playing poker, I have come across some of the stupidest people who think they know what they are doing, either in a home game or online, and during tournaments. Call me "stupid" but when I am holding 2 big cards, and the people you are playing with know how you play, they would fold right?, Not always.
During a tournament I had one guy call me with 8-10 off suit and I was holding AQ suited. I was all in to boot, of course he beat me, he caught an 8. I personally think if you're gonna play cards with any kind of seriousness, ( I am not some great player) but come on, if you're playing for some reasonable amount of money don't be and IDIOT!
I play in tournaments most of the time, I wish they would not allow people who are drunk (from the begining) to play. If you want to drink at the onset of the game fine, great, I have no problem with that, but who likes to battle a drunk who calls everything and never goes away even when you are trying to bet them out, then they catch, it just pisses me off!.
How about the people who say "This is my first time playing, bear with me" and then look at you with that innocent look. Bullshit! they know what there doing, it's all part of there game. Especially women!

6 comments:

Work at Home Bob said...

Yeah, well when someone has a grudge and is holding pocket 2s and they go up against your KK and beat your a$$ when they hit that 2 on the river ... it is oh so very sweet! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Anonymous said...

I agree. I'm not a great player either, in fact I play on facebook which must have the highest ratio of retards on the net. "Hey. I need to prove my masculinity. Let's go all in with nothing". Such people should not be allowed to reproduce.

Anonymous said...

Never play on Pokerstars then... 1 on 2 hands are exactly like that.

Pedro Cardoso said...

call me "stupid" but any 2 cards can win, right?
Can you really put in risk your place in a tournament just because you have AK, AQ etc... preflop??
is that the best play?

Anonymous said...

Poker Player your the donk!

Anonymous said...

if you had ace queen you could have seen the flop and then got more info on the hand and either taken it down then if he hadnt hit since has fewer outs or wait for a better opportunity...all this all-in preflop play is overrated