Google

Thursday, November 29, 2007

Poker Books, Women and TV

I watch the televised poker tournaments, what I have observed is that there is not much difference in the way the Pro's play, and some people I have played with. The Pro's seem to be more disciplined and more aggressive. I have come across some very aggressive poker players who think they are Pro's, some who play like Gus Hanson, and call anything and some who play like Dan Harrington a very solid tight player.

The women who play Pro Poker are an exception to the rule, at least in my opinion. I watch the World Poker Tour last night and JJ Liu came in 2nd and according to the person who was watching with me said she plays just like the women we play with. According to him women don't raise enough before the flop and are not aggressive enough. Maybe that is the reason women don't make it to the final table as often as men. I think the women who do play poker professionally have some pretty big balls to battle it out with men!

Kudos's to all the women who take on the men at the poker table, professional or not.


I just read part of the poker book "Super System" by Doyle Brunson which you could probly find at http://www.barnesandnoble.com/ but I could only get through the first few chapters. To me it is not very interesting, I have to be captivated and intrigued to get to the end of the book. It is a big book and there are some good strategies and very good advice in it, but I guess I will see if I can find another Poker Book that will keep me interested. Of course poker players of all sorts say it's the book to read if your serious about poker.

No comments: